- This event has passed.
“MANAGING YOUR CAREER IN THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT” with Lora Allen
November 9, 2021 @ 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM ESTFree
Gain insight on how to achieve a balance between your career needs and the organization’s workforce requirements. And how to address your individual development needs by moving across components and even career fields.
Attendees will learn:
* How to advance within an organization – e.g., pay increases versus promotions, movement into management, etc.
* How to best move across an agency – e.g., from one occupational series or major department to another.
* Best ways to navigate across the government by leveraging your transferable skills and knowledge.
* Effective ways to network within the government via professional associations, websites, other resources.
* How to best find ways to train and develop.
* How to develop your federal leadership journey through rotations, details, and even sabbaticals.
Again, this webinar is scheduled for Tuesday, Nov 9, 2021 06:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
HOW TO REGISTER
Register in advance for this webinar: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Gkc5Da-uQyiAh4LmtSbGWw
***This session is free***
SPONSOR: Federal Career Connection, Inc.
FACILITATOR: LORA ALLEN
Lora recently led Customer Experience initiatives for a $26 billion organization of 700+ people, helping the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) transform into a more customer-centric organization. Prior to GSA, she managed workforce transformation initiatives at U.S. Customs and Border Protection that impacted agency culture and 60,000 employees nation-wide.
Her experiences also include managing two department-wide HR recruitment programs (Corporate Recruitment Program and Presidential Management Fellows Program) for the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) and serving as a senior advisor to political leadership. Lora also advocated for emerging leaders who are changing and improving how DOE served 14,000+ school districts and countless students.
Throughout her professional tenure as a civil servant, Lora served across the federal landscape in different mission-critical occupations to improve processes, user experiences, and mission results. She is also a graduate of the Presidential Management Fellows Program.